Are you ready to say goodbye to winter at work?
Interested in giving your office or cubicle a much-needed cleaning?
In this post, I offer a convenient spring cleaning checklist for the office.
You can use it to clean up, and clean out your workspace at the office, or in your home office.
Want even more spring cleaning help?
Be sure to check out my spring cleaning checklist for the home.
- Use compressed air duster to clean keyboard and computer vents
- Disinfect keyboard, mouse, trackpad, writing tablet, and stylus
- Wipe down computer monitor
- Untangle and label computer cords and cables
- Wipe down exterior of computer
- Backup computer files to external or other drive
- Update to most recent version of programs, apps, or operating systems
- Delete items in trash or recycling bin
- Delete unnecessary or unneeded files
- Uninstall programs or apps you no longer use
- Clear cookies and caches from internet browsers
- Run system-wide virus scan
- Defragment hard drive or perform disk utility cleanup
- Cancel unnecessary email accounts
- Delete messages from inbox and other folders
- Delete items from deleted message or trash folders
- Unsubscribe from unwanted email lists and mailings
- Dust and disinfect entire desk surface
- Throw away broken or dried-up writing implements (pens, pencils, markers, etc.)
- Dispose of broken office supplies: stapler, tape roll, containers, holders, rulers, etc.
- Transfer information on business cards to digital contacts
- Return borrowed books or documents to owners
- Return books to public or private libraries
- Place old or inactive files in archives
- Purge and shred dead or unnecessary client, customer, and project folders
- Create files for new clients, customers, and projects
- Thoroughly dust entire room
- Clean venetian blinds, roman blinds, and other shades
- Shake out and/or clean area rugs and carpets
- Vacuum and clean air vents, ducts, and baseboards
- Wax and treat wooden furniture
- Clean light fixtures
- Thoroughly vacuum upholstery
- Wash windows
- Thoroughly vacuum and/or mop floor
How about you? Are you going to do a bit of spring cleaning in your office or work area this year? What must-clean areas would you add to the above list? Join in the conversation and leave a comment below!