Have you ever wondered if you’ve made the most of your time during the last year?
Did you spend your days and weeks the way you wanted to spend them?
Were your plans constantly interrupted, or changed, at the last-minute?
To find the answers you seek, you simply have to ask yourself a couple of questions…
In this post, I offer several questions to get you thinking about your daily activities when it comes to time management.
You may find it helpful to have your personal calendar or planner handy as you review the questions.
You’ll get the most out of this exercise if you give yourself adequate time to reflect on the below prompts.
Take your time, and feel free to come back to any questions as necessary.
20 Thoughtful End of Year Reflection Questions to Ask Yourself
1. Am I happy with the way I spent my time overall during this past year?
2. What memorable project, assignment, or goal did I complete?
3. When did I spend an unusual amount of time at work, home, or school?
4. How did I use my spare or personal time? Am I happy about my decision?
5. When during the year was I the most happiest with my schedule?
6. When during the year was I the least happiest with my schedule?
7. If I could change, reschedule, or delete, one regular weekday appointment or meeting from my calendar, I would change ________________________.
8. Did I take my full vacation time or allotment? Am I happy about my decision?
9. When would have been a good time this year to wait a little longer before starting a project?
10. Where in my daily schedule could I have given myself more time so as not to be regularly late to meetings or appointments?
11. If I could have spent more time with one person in my life, I would have spent more time with ________________________.
12. Did I get adequate amounts of sleep during the year? Am I happy about my decision?
13. Did I regularly take my full lunch time at work or school? Am I happy about my decision?
14. If I had the chance to start a project on time, I would have started ________________________ sooner.
15. When was I most busy during the year? Why?
16. When was I least busy during the year? Why?
17. Did I give more of my time to others this year than to myself?
18. If I could change, reschedule, or delete, one regular weekend appointment or meeting from my calendar, I would change ________________________.
19. Three time management skills that I would love to hone next year are ________________________, ________________________, ________________________.
20. If I could improve one thing in my calendar next year, I would improve ________________________.
How about you? What did you find out about yourself and your schedule this year? Do you have any further questions to add to the list above? Join the conversation and leave a comment below!